打印 上一主题 下一主题

1213周末有奖译书  罕见红宝石的邪恶之地(完成)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-12-13 02:45:56 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
某老人回忆之前见过的巨大红宝石和那个可怕的地方

{1040}{497l
One of my sons, Kallon, had wandered off into the woods to play.  I set out to find him, as he had been gone most of the day.  He was often one to wander, but not normally for this length of time.}

{1041}{497l
I tracked him deep into the woods, farther than I, or anyone I know, had ever ventured before.  As I moved deeper into the unknown, I came to an area where the hairs at the base of my neck began to stand on end.  The air seemed to cool, and the sounds of the forest ceased to exist.  Yet Kallon's  tracks continued, so I pressed onward, calling out to him.}

{1042}{497l
And then I saw it.  A clearing, silent and haunted.  Scattered throughout the clearing were several large stones, positioned as if to have meaning.  I believe they had arcane writings carved upon them, but could not discern them from my distance.  In the center of these stones stood an altar, and upon that altar was the largest ruby I had ever beheld.}

{1043}{497l
It was several moments before I could take my eyes from it, so mesmerizing was the jewel.  It was then that I noticed Kallon, not far off to the side.  As I watched, he began to run towards the altar, it appeared he was intent on gaining the ruby.}

{1044}{497l
I shouted for him to wait, but he paid me no heed.  Before I could stop him, Kallon passed by the first marked stone.  As he did so, a most unnatural beast burst forth from the ground.  He cried out in terror, and turned to flee, but the horror was upon him.  The beast killed him before he had even taken a step back toward me, a look of absolute terror frozen to his face.}

{1045}{497l
I stood powerless, frozen in fear at the apparition and macabre scene before me.  Oh horror!  I dared not move toward the beast.  Instead, I ran from that most accursed place as fast as my feet would carry me.  I was forced to leave my precious Kallon where he lie, for I never found the courage to return.}

{1046}{497l
I warned the surrounding farmers of the horror in the woods.  All children were forbidden from venturing far from home from that day forward.  I can only pray that the beasts are tied to that wicked place, and will never be let loose upon us.}

{1047}{497l
It has been years since that dreadful day.  Many have forgotten what happened that day in the woods.  Yet I still mourn the loss of my beloved Kallon and have never been able to remove the vision of that hideous creature from my mind.  To this day it haunts my sleep.}

{1048}{497l
I am old and soon shall die.  I leave this record as warning to anyone who might venture deep into the haunted woods.  Beware!  Let no other souls be consumed by the beast of the jewel!

Tannon Wroughtbringer}
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|13号避难所

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 03:51 , Processed in 0.057231 second(s), 14 queries .

快速评论 返回顶部 返回列表